Jeff wanted a green screen last summer for making a music video for a local contest. He even went to Joann's with me, found the hue he liked, and bought all that was in stock. This was one and a half bolts, which cost about $40, but a savings when thinking about repapering the garage walls in green paper again. Jeff even offered to make the green screen, having used a sewing machine to make a costume before. Then I opened my mouth. "I can make the green screen."
I put the fabric on the sofa next to the sewing machine to encourage me to work on it. The green pile just sat on the sofa untouched for weeks, reminding me I hadn't worked on it another day. Then, the band broke up. No music video. No green screen. Then the green fabric was moved to the closet shelf and sat untouched.
Until last month. Jeff started getting spring fever about the upcoming music video contest, and the fabric came off the shelf. I had better get a head start! So I unrolled the green fabric, so it looked like the red carpet, only green. Then I cut the fabric into six 9' long pieces that was measured 4' across. Jeff wanted a casing at the top, so he could hang the curtain off of PVC piping or rope. This was going to be a really big curtain. I made a 4" casing.
There was so much fabric spilling over to the left...
This is just how big it really turned out. Welcome to our new photo studio.